Upgrading to v2.0 of GWT under Eclipse, here’s some of the things I encountered:
(1) For some reason my old 1.7.1 GWT projects are hopelessly broken; I can’t seem to debug them. Creating a new v2.0 GWT project seems to work fine. And I haven’t a clue as to why my v1.7.1 GWT projects, when I upgrade them to v2.0, refuse to debug: I’ve tried just switching the current GWT SDK, I’ve tried turning off and on GWT, I’ve tried blowing away the debug configurations–I’ve even tried recreating a new GWT project with the same source kit (which did work under v2.0’s debugger environment), then searching for differences.
The only workaround I’ve found is to create a new GWT project, and copy the sources across from the old GWT project.
(2) IE7 support for the new panel layouts is completely broken unless you change the DOCTYPE declaration from:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
Beats me why; I’m not into the finer points of HTML compatibility and doctype specifications. But once you make this switch, the new layout panels work as advertised.